[note: to receive updates from this site, select the “follow” button on the bottom right corner of your screen]
This site curates position papers for the theological conversation on deacons; it also provides information and resources on the impact of the ministry of licensed lay deacons (LLD) in the NOW District of the LCMS, and beyond.
The relevance and use of licensed lay deacons (LLD) is a topic of ongoing conversation in the LCMS.
Our goal is to provide a place where this topic can be accessed to support a collegial discussion across the LCMS.
Watch To Your Right …
- You will find a number of videos providing insight into the discussion, as well as context on the discussion thus far.
- If you haven’t done so already, click the menu item “President’s Note” found above and read his letter to the workers and congregations in the NOW District highlighting the reason for this website.
- Click the menu item above titled “LLD Resources.” You will find a series of posts with associated documents. This is the main portion of this site. Though they are not in complete sequential order based on date of publication, we suggest you start at the bottom of the page (click the button titled “older posts” to get to the very beginning) and scroll up for the most helpful way to read.
- New posts will show up at the top, as they become available.
Why are Comments Turned Off?
- In the interest of collegiality and supporting dialogue, we hope that you will find ways to share these resources with others and discuss them in a substantial way. We find this happens best in other formats besides the comment section of a website.
If you have a resource you think is appropriate to this discussion…
- Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org